Local Government Law
Municipal law can touch on virtually every area of law. The Curtis Heinz Local Government Practice Group has an unparalleled ability to serve the cities and local governments of the St. Louis metropolitan area. Attorneys at the firm serve as city attorney or village attorney for more than 20 municipalities in the area. Our attorneys have also served as special counsel to many other municipalities all across the state, including cities in western and central Missouri.
We understand the challenges local governments face and bring the experience needed to address those challenges. Our attorneys are equipped to assist local governments in public service commission matters, franchising, redevelopment, Tax Increment Financing (TIF) and other development tools. Additionally, several of our attorneys serve as prosecutors in municipal court for the cities we represent. Our attorneys keep abreast of changes in the law and are able to draw on one another’s experiences to make sure our clients get the best advice. Because we have attorneys who specialize in other areas of the law such as real estate and worker’s compensation, we are able to give the cities we represent thorough and accurate advice on those matters when they arise.
- Kathleen McKean Gmelich Icon Full bio.
- Kenneth J. Heinz Icon Full bio.
- Kevin M. O'Keefe Icon Full bio.
- Keith K. Cheung Icon Full bio.
- Robert E. Jones Icon Full bio.
- J. Patrick Chassaing Icon Full bio.
- Steven W. Garrett Icon Full bio.
- Stephanie E. Karr Icon Full bio.
- Katherine E. Henry Icon Full bio.
- Michael N. Kern Icon Full bio.
- Andreea Voinea Icon Full bio.
- Edward J. Sluys Icon Full bio.
- Leland B. Curtis Icon Full bio.
- Helmut Starr Icon Full bio.
- Carl J. Lumley Icon Full bio.